If you’re a design professional, you may already subscribe to HOW Magazine, the graphic design community’s trusted source for creative inspiration, business advice, and tools of the trade.
Is the December 2007 issue sitting in your reading pile? Pull it on out and turn to page 85! That’s where you’ll find Mastering Difficult Conversations, for which I was interviewed by author Susan Murphy. The article offers tips for smart communications in six sticky workplace scenarios:
- A favorite client suddenly stops paying the bills
- Your business partner has suddenly become distracted and ineffective
- A new client is asking for revisions above and beyond what was written in the contract
- A new employee isn’t performing up to expectations
- Your printer botched a really important project and hasn’t fessed up to the mistake
- Your boss constantly rips on your work without giving constructive feedback
Do you have a sticky situation at work and could use some support and guidance? You know where to find me!