I am a conflict resolution strategist, teacher, and author.
Clients seek me out to address friction that could impair teamwork or damage high-priority relationships. Frequently, they want to develop the acumen and skills to navigate team or interpersonal conflict successfully in their professional roles.
While most in my field focus on the negotiated end to business and personal relationships, I’m energized by addressing conflict and tension in ongoing professional and business relationships.
I founded my conflict resolution firm in 1997 after a decade in higher education leadership, serving as a dean and vice president. In addition to private clients, I’ve also served on the faculty in four U.S. graduate programs, including as co-founder of the world’s first master’s degree in mediation (at Woodbury College, which later merged with Champlain College).
Accolades and praise
I’ve had the good fortune to be recognized by my peers in the conflict resolution field:
- The Mary Parker Follett Award from the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) for innovative and pioneering work in the conflict resolution field.
- The Pioneer Award from the New England Association for Conflict Resolution for significant contributions to the conflict resolution field.
- Member of the Association for Conflict Resolution’s Academy of Advanced Practitioners.
Back in my higher education days, I was recognized by my peers and institutions:
- Master Teacher Award from the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges.
- The Sister Elizabeth Candon Distinguished Service Award from Vermont Women in Higher Education for promoting and working toward the advancement of women in higher education at the national, state and local levels.
Here are examples of client and audience comments about my work:
“Innovative and trailblazing.” – New England Association for Conflict Resolution
“A top-notch learning and personal growth experience.” – Jerry Greenfield, Ben & Jerry’s
“Won over a tough audience.” – Lisa Miles, Eversource Energy
“Like changing the air in the room.” – David Macy, The MacDowell Colony
“Far and away the best of the year.” – Tim Maciel, Smith College
“Clever, insightful, and innovative.” – Lee Whittier, American Kennel Club