- Conflict resolution speaker and trainer, coach, mediator, and author
- Accolades and praise for my conflict resolution work
- What subscribers say about my conflict resolution blog
- Media headshots
- Answers to questions I’m frequently asked
About Dr. Tammy Lenski
For over two decades I’ve been helping people talk about and work out the friction and disagreements that get in the way of life, love, career, and teamwork.
I write, speak, and teach about the art and science of conflict resolution. My work centers on this question:
To answer this question in useful ways for my clients and readers (and in my own life), I combine 20+ years of experience in the mediator’s chair with my knowledge of teaching and learning, plus long-term attention to neuroscience and social science research, and translate it all into understandable, practical ideas and tools.
While many in my field focus on the peaceable ending of business and personal relationships, I’m energized by addressing conflict and tension in ongoing relationships at work and home.
I founded my conflict resolution firm in 1997 after my first career in higher education, where I served as a dean and vice president. In addition to private clients, I’ve also served on the faculty in three U.S. graduate programs, including as one of the founding faculty of the world’s first master’s degree in mediation (Woodbury College, which later merged with Champlain College).
Accolades and praise for my work
I’ve had the good fortune to be recognized by my peers in the conflict resolution field:
In 2012 the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) presented me with the Mary Parker Follett Award for innovative and pioneering work in the conflict resolution field.
In 2013 I was in the first group appointed to ACR’s then-new Academy of Advanced Practitioners.
And in 2015 I received the Pioneer Award from the New England Association for Conflict Resolution for significant contributions to the conflict resolution field.
Here are a few examples of clients’ and audience comments about my work:
“Innovative and trailblazing.” – New England Association for Conflict Resolution
“A top-notch learning and personal growth experience.” – Jerry Greenfield, Ben & Jerry’s
“Won over a tough audience.” – Lisa Miles, Eversource Energy
“Like changing the air in the room.” – David Macy, The MacDowell Colony
“Far and away the best of the year.” – Tim Maciel, Smith College
“Clever, insightful, and innovative.” – Lee Whittier, American Kennel Club
Conflict resolution speaker and trainer
Find out more about my conflict resolution, communication skills, and mediation training and speaking here: Conflict resolution training
First trained as a coach in 1987, I work privately with individuals who want to accelerate results like these:
- Strategize how best to approach a conflict situation in your role as an organizational leader or manager.
- Anticipate a conversation you want to have and figure out how to navigate it most successfully.
- Confront a recurring problem with a colleague or business partner.
- Reduce friction or change a difficult dynamic at work or home.
- Fine-tune the way you present yourself to others in conflict or under pressure.
- Learn to lead robust team conversations and reach decisions with real buy-in.
- Craft an effective response to a quickly escalating conflict.
- For mediators, increase your impact through a vibrant private practice.
A professional mediator for over two decades, my conflict resolution work centers on helping people sort out conflict and tension that’s getting in the way of high-priority, ongoing relationships at work or home.